Chinghis Khan’s footprint
- UlaanbaatarTransfert to hotel
- Ulaanbaatar- Herlenii Hodoo AralJourney to eastern Mongolia. Visit the magnificent giant Genghis Khan’s monument. Herlenii Hodoo Aral – the site where the secret history of the mongols was written. Visit Genghis Khan’s monument and the ruins of Avraga city at the bank of the River Aurug, known as Genghis Khan’s winter palace.
- Herlenii Hodoo Aral- BinderDrive to Binder of Khentii province, considered as Chinggis Khan’s birthplace according to some scholars. A day to explore in Binder. Visit the sites related to Genghis Khan’s childhood and to the great Mongol empire such as the Oglogchiin Wall, Rashaan Khad etc.
- Binder- Deluun Boldog, Dadal SoumVisit the sites related to Genghis Khan in Dadal – the legendary birthplace, the Khan’s monument at Deluun Boldog. Meet the Buryats – an ethnic group of Mongolia. Enjoy nature’s beauty.
- Dadal Soum – Blue Lake of Black HeartDrive to Blue lake, where young Temuujin proclaimed the Title Genghis Khan. Some of researchers say Genghis Khan is probably buried in this area. Enjoy the opportunities for a walk and fill your memory card of incredible pictures.
- Blue Lake of Black Heart – Terelj National ParkDrive to the amazing Terelj national park via 13th Century complex which is the only place in Mongolia you can visit the old-time micro kingdom of Genghis Khan and his empire. Continue to Terelj national park. Overnight stay in ger camp. Visit a nomadic family to discover their ancestral way of life and try some fermented mare’s milk airag.
- Terelj National Park – Hustai National ParkHead to Hustai national park where takhi wild horses graze peacefully with other wild animals. Overnight stay at the ger camp. Excursion into the park to spot endangered wild horses.
- Hustai National Park – KarakorumDepart to Karakorum the ancient capital city of mongol empire.
Transfer to the ger camp. Rest of the day to relax before a 4 days horse trekking.
- Horse riding to Tuvkhun Monastery2 days of horse ride Tuvkhun monastery, in Khangai mountains. Visit the legendary place and hear the stories related to Zanabazar – mongolian 1st Buddhist Saint. Tent camping.
- Tuvkhun – Orkhon Waterfalls RideRide to the Orkhon waterfalls. Visit nomadic families on horseback to see their lifestyle and experience their hospitality. Ride in the vast valley of the Orkhon river.
- Orkhon Waterfalls – Karakorum – Elsen TasarkhaiFarewell horses and wrangler. Drive to Elsen Tasarkhai via Karakorum. Elsen Tasarkhai: optional camel riding on the Elsen Tasarkahi sand dunes. Overnight at ger camp.
- Elsen Tasarkhai – UlaanbaatarDrive back to Ulaanbaatar. Transfer to hotel. Optional shopping for souvenir and the finest cashmere in the world. In the evening, enjoy traditional folklore concert by the magical Tumen Ekh ensemble. Farewell dinner and overnight at the hotel.
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.Transfer to airport. End of services.
The schedule and nights are subject to change depending on arrival flights, weather conditions and any other situation beyond our control.
- French-English-Spanish speaking tour leader (accompanying guide at
- English speaking local guide
- Sightseeing and entrance fees according to package
- Ticket to the Giant Genghis Monument Complex
- Private transfers (4WD Japanese minivan + Experienced driver)
- Airport transfers
- Double occupancy 4 star hotel (2 nights)
- Double occupancy per accommodation (8 nights)
- Tent camping (4 nights)
- Meals x 34
- 0.5 l x 3 bottled water per day
- Visa support invitation letter where applicable
- Exclusive Mongolia tour souvenir!
- Train tickets
- Airport or any other travel tax
- Travel insurance
- Expense of personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any sites etc.
- Tips for your tour leader (accompanying guide at destination), local guide, driver and wrangler.
- Optional activities
NOTE: Fares, accommodations, dates and routes are subject to change (fuel increase, exchange rate, availability, etc.)
Chinghis Khan’s Footprint
Accompanied, at destination tour by certified tour leader from Quebec who speaks French, English, Spanish and Mandarin and by local specialized guides.
15 days / 14 nights
June – July 2023
Price: to come
Group of 6 to 10 travellers
Price in double occupancy
Supplement for single occupancy